Today’s melt shop is under increasing pressure to improve productivity, temperature control, metal cleanliness. A broad range of monolithic and precast products are available and Foseco personnel are on hand to offer advice on product selection, maintenance and design.
KALTEK Insulating Ladle Lining Systems
KALTEK insulating lining materials provide superior performance with respect to heat loss, energy usage, and metal quality in metal transfer vessels and are available in a variety of forms.
- Preformed Boards Systems
- Preformed One-Piece Linings
- Castable Powders
- Ladle Lids
- Reduced casting defects
- Increased productivity
- Improved metallurgical process consistency
- Reduced labor
- Lower energy consumption
- Cold start capability
Conventional Dense Ladle Linings
Primary lining materials:
- CRITERION low cement castables
- DURAFLO self-flow castables
- TRIAD cement-free castables
- ONYX silicon carbide low cement castables
Ancillary and repair materials:
- DURACRETE, BLU-RAM, X-9 phosphate bonded plastics
- KALSEAL, SUREBOND, SUPER #3000 Alumina Silicate mortars
Coreless Induction Furnace
- KELLUNDITE 700 andalusite based dry vibratable
- SILCOR fused silica enriched quartzite dry vibratable
- FINMIX quartzite based dry vibratable
Capping and spout:
- BLU-RAM HSW and DURACRETE RBG granular phosphate bonded plastic materials for furnace capping and spouts
- COILGROUT and KELLUNDITE G alumina based, cement bonded grouts
- MICA PAPER woven glass phlogopite mica
- CRITERION high alumina, low-cement castables
- SPINCAST high alumina, spinel containing castables for increased slag resistance
- DURAFLO high alumina, self-flow castable
- MAGNAVIBE spinel-forming magnesia based dry-vibratable material for high powered inductors.
- KELLUNDITE spinel-forming alumina based dry vibratable material used as a universal inductor lining.
- CERCAST high alumina conventional castable
- LITEWATE insulating castables
Stoppers and Nozzles
VAPEX standard and plunger rod stoppers are ideal for autopouring units in iron foundries and are designed for long campaign and multi open / close sequences.
VAPEX ceramic / carbon bonded alumina graphite nozzles are available in standard taper and reverse taper designs and are ideally suited for autopour applications.
VAPEX cross bore nozzles produce a smooth, concentrated pouring stream and offer significant benefits over conventional designs.