Today’s melt shop is under increasing pressure to improve productivity, temperature control, metal cleanliness. A broad range of monolithic and precast products are available and Foseco personnel are on hand to offer advice on product selection, maintenance and design.
KALTEK Insulating Ladle Lining Systems
KALTEK insulating lining materials provide superior performance with respect to heat loss, energy usage, and metal quality in metal transfer vessels and are available in a variety of forms.
- Preformed Boards Systems
- Preformed One-Piece Linings
- Castable Powders
- Ladle Lids
- Reduced casting defects
- Increased productivity
- Improved metallurgical process consistency
- Reduced labor
- Lower energy consumption
- Cold start capability
Conventional Dense Ladle Linings
Primary lining materials:
- CRITERION low cement castables
- DURAFLO self-flow castables
- TRIAD cement-free castables
Ancillary and repair materials:
- BLU-RAM phosphate bonded plastics
- SUREBOND, SUPER #3000 Alumina Silicate mortars
Coreless Induction Furnace
Capping and spout:
- BLU-RAM HSW and DURACRETE RBG granular phosphate bonded plastic materials for furnace capping and spouts
Channel Melting and Holding Furnaces
Spouts and receiver:
- BLU-RAM and 90 RAM phosphate bonded ramming mixes
Stoppers and Nozzles
VAPEX standard and plunger rod stoppers are ideal for autopouring units in iron foundries and are designed for long campaign and multi open / close sequences.
VISO ceramic / carbon bonded alumina graphite stoppers and nozzles are available in standard taper and reverse taper designs and are ideally suited for autopour applications.
VAPEX cross bore nozzles produce a smooth, concentrated pouring stream and offer significant benefits over conventional designs.
NEW PRODUCT - TRIAD Z-189 linings for cupola furnaces
Want to know more?
Tel: +91 2137 668 100
General enquiries can be directed here
To access technical articles and case studies, visit our download centre