Today’s melt shop is under increasing pressure to improve productivity, temperature control, metal cleanliness. A broad range of monolithic and precast products are available and Foseco personnel are on hand to offer advice on product selection, maintenance and design.
KALTEK Insulating Ladle Lining Systems
KALTEK insulating lining materials provide superior performance with respect to heat loss, energy usage, and metal quality in metal transfer vessels.
KALTEK insulating ladle linings are available in a variety of forms to meet individual customer requirements:
- Preformed Boards Systems
- Preformed One-Piece Linings
- Castable Powders
- Ladle Lids
- Reduced casting defects
- Increased productivity
- Improved Metallurgical Process Consistency
- Reduced labor
- Lower energy consumption
- Cold start capability
Conventional Dense Ladle Linings
Primary lining materials:
- CRITERION low cement castables
- DURAFLO self-flow castables
- TRIAD cement-free castables
Ancillary and repair materials:
- DURACRETE, BLU-RAM, X-9 phosphate bonded plastics
- KALSEAL, SUREBOND, SUPER #3000 alumina silicate mortars
- KALPAK rammable refractory material for securing nozzles
Coreless Induction Furnace
- KELLUNDITE alumina based, spinel-forming, dry vibratable linings
- MAGNAVIBE magnesia-based dry vibratable linings
Capping and spout materials:
- KELLUNDITE dry vibratable capping material
- BLU-RAM HS, DURACRETE RBG granular phosphate bonded plastics
- COILCOTE alumina based, cement bonded grout for coating the induction coil.
- COIL PROTECT 035 W-P 0.4 mm woven glass phlogopite mica
- COIL PROTECT 240 CW-P 2.4 mm woven glass phlogopite mica
Patching and repair:
- X-9 Plaster fine-grained phosphate bonded patching material
- 90 RAM PC phosphate bonded soft plastic material
Stoppers and Nozzles
VAPEX cross bore nozzles produce a smooth, concentrated pouring stream and offer significant benefits over conventional designs.
VISO / VAPEX MULTI-LIFE Nozzles: Normally a steel foundry nozzle is a One-Shot product. As the market demands improvements, the new zoned nozzle for multiple usage has been invented. The nozzle can be used as often as the VISO stopper which leads to a safer work environment, less stock and higher productivity.