Benefits of Vesuvius BOF maintenance solutions
- Optimised campaign life
- Optimised furnace performance and reduced vessel repair cost
- Increase furnace availability and productivity
- High MgO and High Purity MgO materials
- Dolo/MgO materials
- Specialty materials including spinel forming and Mag-chrome
Basigun* gunning products are suited to all the main repair areas of a furnace. They are applied by conventional gun/ shooter or by fixed installed high speed Robotic.
Basiram* premium grade dry ramming masses for first installation and repair. The chemistry is designed so that the dry powder will form a strong sinter layer on the surface on first heating.
Installation equipment and monitoring
Lining Design and Analysis : Vesuvius has the capability to do advanced 3D modelling to help understand the main wear areas in a vessel working lining, to allow the accurate positioning of higher quality materials in the lining configuration.
Vesuvius can also supply fixed position or mobile high speed laser scanners for precise lining analysis and measurement to deliver optimised campaign life.
- Regularly scheduled Project Management by a trained field service technician
- Local service technicians on call 24/7 for emergency service
- Fully automatic PLC operation on a robust, field-proven platform
- Guns customized to meet every customers’ needs
- Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) : Vesuvius sales and service personnel manage product shipments and on-site inventory, as well as spare parts for Vesuvius equipment
- Performance reviews to monitor/determine program effectiveness and identify areas of improvement
- Vesuvius Marketing &Technology team involvement providing performance analysis, on-site gunning training, and technical assistance
- Training at Vesuvius sites for customers
Laser Contouring System (LCS) for High Temperature Laser Refractory Thickness Measurement
The LCS uses a suite of sensors capable of measuring the remaining lining thickness in vessels used to produce and refine molten metal. Whether you are making steel, copper or aluminum, we have a mobile or fixed position system that can provide the critical lining thickness information you need to maximize vessel up-time and minimize operational cost.
All systems provide the following measurement information in simple, easy to read formats:
- Refractory thickness in 2-D or 3-D format
- Tabular output with auto-transfer to plant Level II system
- Refractory wear rate and lifetime prediction capability
- Optional surface temperature measurement using integrated two-color pyrometer
- Small (3.6mm) beam diameter
- High accuracy (±1.8mm 1σ) scanning
- Fast – 120,000 Hz scan rate
- New crack detection algorithm measures width and depth of refractory cracks.
- Bath Level measurement
Want to know more?
General enquiries can be directed here