The major roles of the Ladle Gate Refractories and Ladle Gate Systems are:
- To adjust the steel flow from ladle to tundish
- To minimize the risk of steel re-oxidation
These roles must be achieved at a minimum overall cost for the producer.
Vesuvius teams combine their respective skills and experience in material selection, refractory design and system inventiveness to offer a wide range of Ladle Slide Gate Refractories and Systems that can answer steel producers needs.
These gate solutions can be combined into a more global solution with Ladle Shroud and Gaskets, Automatic Flow Control, Gas Inerting or Robotic Solutions, all possibly supplied by Vesuvius.
Ladle Slide Gate Refractories
Utilizing Vesuvius’ high performance refractories and engineered design solutions, Vesuvius Ladle Slide Gate materials can:
- Reduce ladle turn-around time
- Enable more efficient ladle management
- Reduce overall ladle refractory, labour and energy costs
Main parts and main features:
- Well Blocks and Nozzles:
- OPTIMAX™ High Performance Refractory Castables
- High density / low porosity
- High strength
- CDT™ (Composite Design Technology) Slide Gate Plates
- High corrosion resistance
- Improved thermal shock resistance
- Optimized Plate Design:
- Optimized refractory plate design for plate crack control
- Finite element studies to predict thermo-mechanical behaviour and thus create the required stress pattern within the plate.