For a billet caster operated with calibrated nozzle, the flow control solutions must be cost effective, user-friendly and simple, but also able to achieve long tundish sequences.
Vesuvius brings its skills and experience to develop and service solutions that maximize production quality and throughput, with the highest safety, while offering competitive operating costs.
Calibrated Nozzle Changer
Calibrated Nozzle Changer and associated plates
- Provide accurate and fast flow control adjustment from tundish to mould
- In some cases, be flexible to operate the same caster either with a flow control valve or with a calibrated nozzle & calibrated nozzle changer.
- 2 different calibrated nozzle designs, with common benefits:
- Increases caster productivity
- Provides fast exchange of metering nozzle (when worn or damaged)
- Ensures instant positive shut-off of steel flow
- Reduces number of tundishes in production cycle
Mould Level Control
AMLC: Automatic Mould Level Control
- Keep the mould level meniscus as stable as possible
- Maximize caster throughput (less casting incident)
- Turn-key solution for extraction speed control
- OptoNum™ optical sensor with image analysis for level measurement
- Fast response time and accurate measurement
- Non radioactive technology
- Monitor for remote view of steel in mould
- Possible 1 day test without perturbation of production