Through the acquisition of Process Metrix LLC in 2014, Vesuvius has decades of experience in instrumentation development for process industries and organizations world wide.
The PROCESS METRIX product line group is technology-focused with research and manufacturing located in the heart of California's high-tech manufacturing base.
The key personnel represent a talented group of Masters and Ph. D. level engineers who have been working together since 1987, developing innovative laser instrumentation for process control.
Innovation Through Customer and Market Need.
The PROCESS METRIX team has a culture of developing new instruments for industrial measurement and control. This has been an evolutionary process, where a concept along with customer need has often led to new ideas in unanticipated ways. We have learned that the proper operational interface for process applications is as important as the fundamental instrument technology.
Process Metrix has written many successful proposals to the major government agencies (DOE, DOD, NSF, NASA, EPA, NIH, AISI). This funding initiates proof-of-concept for ideas, many of which have been turned into commercial operational instruments. Following development of basic prototypes, we have worked with numerous companies (e.g. IBM, Mobil Oil, Chevron, US Steel, Exxon, Merck, Canon, HP, etc.) on customized adaptations, or hybrids of our instrumentation for specific application needs.
- Late 1980’s and early 1990’s: Particle size/concentration measurement focus in close associations with government labs
- 1993: Collaborative effort with Sandia National Laboratories to develop instrumentation for molten metals industry:
- Two color pyrometry (bath temperature),
- Spectroscopy (BOF/EAF off-gas control),
- Range finding (refractory thickness measurement)
- Late 1990’s: Focus on refractory thickness measurements
- 2001: Seed funding from AISI and Vesuvius to develop first mobile Laser Contour Scanner system
- 2004: First international sale – ISDEMIR, Turkey
- 2005: First EAF installation
- 2006: First ladle installation
- 2008: Mobile system redesign
- 2011: ANTERIS launched at METEC
- 2014: Process Metrix, LLC acquired by Vesuvius
- 2016 - ANTERIS 300 introduced
- 2018 - ANTERIS 300i introduced