Benefits of Vesuvius solutions
- Improved refractory lining and process performance
- Optimised burden distribution
- Reduced frequency of repairs
- Reduced furnace operating cost
- Reduced heat losses
- Improved/reduced fuel rates
- Reduced operating cost per ton throughput
Vesuvius has extensive experience manufacturing a complete range of solutions for Blast Furnace stack repair:
- Shotcrete solutions: low moisture and minimal rebound low-cement materials with excellent CO and Alkali resistance.
- Upper Stack/Throat/Armour : High-Alumina Shotcrete as well as Low-moisture, Pumpable Castable with very high abrasion resistance
- Lower Stack/Bosh: High-Alumina Shotcrete, Silicon Carbide & Carbon enriched Low-moisture, Pumpable Castable.
- Pneumatically applied materials and solutions.
- Grouting materials for each area of the BF from High-Alumina to High-SiC ready-to-use mixes.
- Direct servicing through Vesuvius Technical Assistance teams.
- Valued partners who are application and installation specialists.
- Remote control operations using Roto-Gun* pods.
- Manual operations inside the Blast Furnace using a platform.
Want to know more?
General enquiries can be directed here