DuraSleeve* offers range of customer benefits
In 2021, Vesuvius launched DuraSleeve*, a new generation of high-performance slag line sleeves designed to reduce the erosion of SEN/SES/MTSP slagline sleeve by 20%.
Our customers are more and more focused on higher productivity and reducing their carbon footprint. DuraSleeve*, through SEN/SES/MTSP slagline erosion resistance improvement, will also help extend tundish lifetime and reduce the overall energy consumption and generated waste. Moreover, this new solution will enable Vesuvius to outperform its competitors.
This new product principally allows our customers to increase their productivity and provides more consistent and reliable performance. In addition to that, a more resistant slagline sleeve material will limit the ramping practice and hence bring a better quality of steel cast through our products.
Overall, by improving the sleeve material and its interaction with mould powder, DuraSleeve* offers:
- productivity increase
- energy savings
- reduced labour and material cost
- reduction of waste
- improved quality and reduced downgrades
- more reliable performance
- possibility to increase mould clearance without negative impact on SEN/SES/MTSP performance.
* Trademark of the Vesuvius Group of companies, unregistered or registered in certain countries, used under license.