In continuous casting, the operators work in close proximity to liquid steel at 1500°C, for tasks that may involve heavy products and precise manipulation. One of the most exposed areas is the ladle platform.
In these demanding working conditions, there is a growing need for:
- Improved safety
- Better ergonomic
- Consistent operation
Vesuvius has developed RCT-LPTM Robotic Casting Technology for Ladle Platform which brings solutions to serve both the ladle and/or the upper part of the tundish.
- Location of the operators in safe areas
- Remote control of casting operations
- Better process traceability
- RCT-LPTM technology to serve the ladle:
- Ladle shroud transport and connection to gate
- Ladle shroud cleaning and inspection
- Oxygen lancing in case of non-free opening
- RCT-LPTM technology to serve the tundish from top:
- Tundish powder application
- Steel sampling in tundish
- Manipulation of hydrogen probes
- Manipulation of dip temperature probes
- Set up of continuous temperature measurement
Want to know more?
General enquiries can be directed here